The Production Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day communications between the EP/Head of Production and freelance production teams. Other responsibilities will include recruiting, onboarding, and ensuring freelance teams follow company practices and policies.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Pre-production – works closely with EP/Head of Production and internal creative and post teams to make logistical plans, including job budgets (bids), detailed schedules, and script breakdowns.
• Production – oversee production details to make sure teams stay on schedule and follow company policies. Track and manage overages, communicate with preferred vendors, review budgets, and keep freelance teams up-to-date with any creative modifications.
• Post-shoot – oversee payroll and budget wrap, specifically keeping track of prop/wardrobe inventories, unpaid vendors, and any payroll questions or issues after production teams have left the project.
Ideal Candidates have or are:
• Experience in live-action commercial production as a coordinator (5+ years preferred) or supervisor. We encourage those looking to move up to apply.
• Experience using HotBudget bidding software, from building a budget to balancing a wrapped actual (experience in Word, Excel, Pages, Airtable, and Wrapbook are a plus).
• Managed multiple teams across different concurrent projects.
• Very organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable balancing elaborate productions with multiple threads of communication.
Proactive and effective problem solver.
• Ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration.
• Ability to manage time and balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven productions.
• Well-versed in health and safety regulations, insurance, basic human resources, contracts, and labor laws relating to commercial production.
If you’re ready for this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No generic cover letters please. We want to know who you really are.
Sandwich is a renowned creative studio and advertising agency with in-house creative, production and post-production teams, located in the Arts District of DTLA (though most of us work from home these days).
We’ve been around since 2010, helping the worlds most groundbreaking, innovative, and valuable companies introduce new ideas and products in tech and beyond.